The sun plays a major role in prematurely aging our skin. Other things that we also can age our skin more quickly than it naturally would.
Here are the following tips for you to prevent premature skin aging:
1. Protect your skin from the sun every day. You can protect your skin by seeking shade, covering up with clothing, and using sunscreen that is broad-spectrum, SPF 30 or higher, and water-resistant.
2. Apply self-tanner rather than get a tan. Every time you get a tan, you prematurely age your skin.
3. If you smoke, STOP. Smoking greatly speeds up how quickly skin ages. It causes wrinkles and a dull, shallow complexion.
4. Avoid repetitive facial expressions. When you make a facial expression, you contract the underlying muscles. If you repeatedly contract the same muscles for many years, these lines become permanent.
5. Eat a healthy, well-balanced nutritious diet. A diet containing lots of sugar or other refined carbohydrates can accelerate aging so eat more fresh fruit and veggies along with your whole food meals.
6. Drink less alcohol. Alcohol is rough on the skin. It dehydrates the skin, and in time damages the skin. This can make us look older.
7. Apply a facial moisturiser every day. Moisturiser traps water in our skin, giving a more youthful appearance.
For more wellness advice please contact Brigitta on 0450 282 452.
- 10 Hits
- Since 13-05-20
- Posted by Brigitta Plosz
- Eastern Suburbs Area
Just as we have for 18 years, this year, we gathered at Dolphins Point in Coogee, the site of the Bali Bombing Memorial, to remember the lives of the 43 people from NSW whose lives were lost in the heartless attack in Kuta in 2002. Of those 43 people, 20… Eastern Suburbs Area
Randwick City’s beaches including Coogee, Maroubra and Clovelly Beaches will be made available for exercise purposes only as of Monday 20 April 2020. All Randwick City beaches were closed three weeks ago on 28 March to discourage large groups… Eastern Suburbs Area
The Woollahra Small Sculpture Prize, Australia’s pre-eminent award for small sculpture presented by Woollahra Council, has announced three new guest judges for 2020 along with an increased prize pool of $29,000 to mark its 20th anniversary. Artists are… Eastern Suburbs Area
Register now for our Christmas services We’d love you to join us for some of our Christmas services at St Mark's Church. You can choose to either attend in person or receive livestream links for our Christmas celebrations. Please register via… Eastern Suburbs Area
If you witness an in-water emergency, please inform our Council Lifeguards, or if it is after hours, dial Triple Zero (000) and ask for the Police. Our current lifeguard patrols hours are 7am to 5pm at Waverley’s three beaches Waverley Council is urging… Eastern Suburbs Area
All three Randwick City Libraries will reopen on Monday 1 June to provide browse, borrow and return services and will admit members for 30-minute pre-booked timeslots only to allow safe social distancing to occur, Randwick Mayor Danny Said announced… Eastern Suburbs Area
There has been a lot of media attention surrounding a proposal for a beach club on the sand at Bondi. Below is Council’s statement on the proposal. While Council will consider all event ideas and proposals put before it, we must also balance the needs of… Eastern Suburbs Area
Randwick City Council closed all beaches, including Clovelly, Coogee and Maroubra, at 1pm this afternoon after people failed to use beaches for exercise only. Coogee, Clovelly and Maroubra beaches will be re-opened on Saturday 25 April and Sunday 26… Eastern Suburbs Area
This is one of my favourite cookie recipes. It is a hit every time! INGREDIENTS 2 CUPS (300G) BUCKWHEAT FLOUR+ 1½ CUPS (180G) ALMOND MEAL (GROUND ALMONDS) 1 TEASPOON GROUND CINNAMON ½ TEASPOON SEA SALT FLAKES ¾ CUP (180ML) MAPLE SYRUP ½ CUP (125ML)… Eastern Suburbs Area
The St Mark’s Anglican Church Darling Point community has sought to help care for our neighbours in practical ways during COVID-19. One way has been by providing practical food and financial support to Rough Edges, the support group for the homeless… Eastern Suburbs Area
Acting Mayor of Waverley, Elaine Keenan and Chief Executive Officer of LGBTQ+ health organisation, Nicolas Parkhill, announced that Urban Art Projects (UAP) will be commissioned to create the Bondi Memorial Project at Marks Park, Tamarama. UAP’s concept… Eastern Suburbs Area