The sun plays a major role in prematurely aging our skin. Other things that we also can age our skin more quickly than it naturally would.
Here are the following tips for you to prevent premature skin aging:
1. Protect your skin from the sun every day. You can protect your skin by seeking shade, covering up with clothing, and using sunscreen that is broad-spectrum, SPF 30 or higher, and water-resistant.
2. Apply self-tanner rather than get a tan. Every time you get a tan, you prematurely age your skin.
3. If you smoke, STOP. Smoking greatly speeds up how quickly skin ages. It causes wrinkles and a dull, shallow complexion.
4. Avoid repetitive facial expressions. When you make a facial expression, you contract the underlying muscles. If you repeatedly contract the same muscles for many years, these lines become permanent.
5. Eat a healthy, well-balanced nutritious diet. A diet containing lots of sugar or other refined carbohydrates can accelerate aging so eat more fresh fruit and veggies along with your whole food meals.
6. Drink less alcohol. Alcohol is rough on the skin. It dehydrates the skin, and in time damages the skin. This can make us look older.
7. Apply a facial moisturiser every day. Moisturiser traps water in our skin, giving a more youthful appearance.
For more wellness advice please contact Brigitta on 0450 282 452.
- 9 Hits
- Since 13-05-20
- Posted by Brigitta Plosz
- Eastern Suburbs Area
In line with the latest Public Health Orders, there is now managed access at Waverley’s beaches for a range of activities including walking, running, sunbathing, swimming and surfing. Our ocean pools are also now open for a maximum of 10 persons at any… Eastern Suburbs Area
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Woollahra Council’s objective has been the protection of our community. We introduced a number of important measures to help reduce the spread of the virus, including beach closures due to risks posed by large crowds of… Eastern Suburbs Area
This is me with my mum she has survived Hitler open heart surgery 2 replacement knees and 2 replacement hips. A few weeks ago she fell fractured her hip 2 ribs and her spine. Last week she was diagnosed with Covid 19 and spent a week in intensive care. … Eastern Suburbs Area
Sydney’s favourite all-ages winter festival will get a spring awakening when Bondi Festival returns from Sept 26 – Oct 10. Bondi Festival is an arts festival and all-ages adventure zone that erupts into life every year at the world’s most famous beach.… Eastern Suburbs Area
The green bin is for all your organics. Both food and garden organics combined. The service is carried out weekly on the same day as your rubbish and recycling service and is available for residential houses and apartments. Did you know you can put food… Eastern Suburbs Area
Just as we have for 18 years, this year, we gathered at Dolphins Point in Coogee, the site of the Bali Bombing Memorial, to remember the lives of the 43 people from NSW whose lives were lost in the heartless attack in Kuta in 2002. Of those 43 people, 20… Eastern Suburbs Area
Our Rangers, Beach Ambassadors and Lifeguards have been monitoring our public open spaces across the long weekend. Whilst our beaches and our parks have been busy, most people have been doing the right thing and following the Public Health Orders. The… Eastern Suburbs Area
As we work together to stop the spread of the COVID-19 outbreaks occurring across Sydney, Waverley Council is reminding the community to maintain social distancing and limit outdoor gatherings to no more than 20 people in public places including our… Eastern Suburbs Area
Three weeks ago we made the decision to close beaches to help stop the spread of Coronavirus. And while we know the past three weeks have been difficult on our beach-going lifestyle, the closure has helped stopped the spread. Since then, the Government… Eastern Suburbs Area
A Coogee Bay Road dining and entertainment pop-up precinct is among a range of ideas being considered by Randwick City Council to support Randwick City businesses get back on their feet following COVID-19. With food and accommodation sectors hardest hit… Eastern Suburbs Area