The sun plays a major role in prematurely aging our skin. Other things that we also can age our skin more quickly than it naturally would.
Here are the following tips for you to prevent premature skin aging:
1. Protect your skin from the sun every day. You can protect your skin by seeking shade, covering up with clothing, and using sunscreen that is broad-spectrum, SPF 30 or higher, and water-resistant.
2. Apply self-tanner rather than get a tan. Every time you get a tan, you prematurely age your skin.
3. If you smoke, STOP. Smoking greatly speeds up how quickly skin ages. It causes wrinkles and a dull, shallow complexion.
4. Avoid repetitive facial expressions. When you make a facial expression, you contract the underlying muscles. If you repeatedly contract the same muscles for many years, these lines become permanent.
5. Eat a healthy, well-balanced nutritious diet. A diet containing lots of sugar or other refined carbohydrates can accelerate aging so eat more fresh fruit and veggies along with your whole food meals.
6. Drink less alcohol. Alcohol is rough on the skin. It dehydrates the skin, and in time damages the skin. This can make us look older.
7. Apply a facial moisturiser every day. Moisturiser traps water in our skin, giving a more youthful appearance.
For more wellness advice please contact Brigitta on 0450 282 452.
- 9 Hits
- Since 13-05-20
- Posted by Brigitta Plosz
- Eastern Suburbs Area
Murray Rose Pool is currently closed due to a sewage issue. We will provide an update once the issue is rectified. Swimming at Parsley Bay and Watsons Bay should also be avoided due to the possibility of pollution. Please check the Beachwatch website for… Eastern Suburbs Area
The green bin is for all your organics. Both food and garden organics combined. The service is carried out weekly on the same day as your rubbish and recycling service and is available for residential houses and apartments. Did you know you can put food… Eastern Suburbs Area
It has been reported in the media that Council is working on a proposal to reopen its beaches. I strongly reiterate that this is not the case. The Waverley LGA is a hotspot for coronavirus cases and we have no intention of reopening our beaches at this… Eastern Suburbs Area
The Woollahra Small Sculpture Prize, Australia’s pre-eminent award for small sculpture presented by Woollahra Council, has announced 56 finalists for the 20th annual Prize and exhibition. The 2020 finalist works, by artists from Australia, New Zealand,… Eastern Suburbs Area
This is me with my mum she has survived Hitler open heart surgery 2 replacement knees and 2 replacement hips. A few weeks ago she fell fractured her hip 2 ribs and her spine. Last week she was diagnosed with Covid 19 and spent a week in intensive care. … Eastern Suburbs Area
As Australians prepare for the Prime Minister Scott Morrison to tomorrow announce how Australia might further loosen COVID-19 restrictions, I urge the community to continue to observe all current restrictions in place. Cumulative COVID-19 cases in the… Eastern Suburbs Area
With Anzac Day 2020 shaping up to be a most unusual commemoration, I pondered upon the honour of knowing one of our esteemed Aussie Diggers. In 2018 I had the privilege of interviewing local war veteran Gordon Brown for a community radio station. A… Eastern Suburbs Area
Parenting Course Recognising the important role parents have in raising their children, St Mark’s Anglican Church Darling Point is excited to be offering a Building Strong Foundations online parenting course via Zoom on Monday 1 June, 6:30pm – 8:30pm. … Eastern Suburbs Area
If you witness an in-water emergency, please inform our Council Lifeguards, or if it is after hours, dial Triple Zero (000) and ask for the Police. Our current lifeguard patrols hours are 7am to 5pm at Waverley’s three beaches Waverley Council is urging… Eastern Suburbs Area