The sun plays a major role in prematurely aging our skin. Other things that we also can age our skin more quickly than it naturally would.
Here are the following tips for you to prevent premature skin aging:
1. Protect your skin from the sun every day. You can protect your skin by seeking shade, covering up with clothing, and using sunscreen that is broad-spectrum, SPF 30 or higher, and water-resistant.
2. Apply self-tanner rather than get a tan. Every time you get a tan, you prematurely age your skin.
3. If you smoke, STOP. Smoking greatly speeds up how quickly skin ages. It causes wrinkles and a dull, shallow complexion.
4. Avoid repetitive facial expressions. When you make a facial expression, you contract the underlying muscles. If you repeatedly contract the same muscles for many years, these lines become permanent.
5. Eat a healthy, well-balanced nutritious diet. A diet containing lots of sugar or other refined carbohydrates can accelerate aging so eat more fresh fruit and veggies along with your whole food meals.
6. Drink less alcohol. Alcohol is rough on the skin. It dehydrates the skin, and in time damages the skin. This can make us look older.
7. Apply a facial moisturiser every day. Moisturiser traps water in our skin, giving a more youthful appearance.
For more wellness advice please contact Brigitta on 0450 282 452.
- 7 Hits
- Since 13-05-20
- Posted by Brigitta Plosz
- Eastern Suburbs Area
Waverley Council will be carrying out maintenance works in early September to improve the safety of the Bondi Park outdoor fitness station at North Bondi. The works will take around a month to complete and include: * new rubber softfall to meet… Eastern Suburbs Area
Randwick City’s beaches including Coogee, Maroubra and Clovelly Beaches will be made available for exercise purposes only as of Monday 20 April 2020. All Randwick City beaches were closed three weeks ago on 28 March to discourage large groups… Eastern Suburbs Area
With Anzac Day 2020 shaping up to be a most unusual commemoration, I pondered upon the honour of knowing one of our esteemed Aussie Diggers. In 2018 I had the privilege of interviewing local war veteran Gordon Brown for a community radio station. A… Eastern Suburbs Area
The Head on Photo Festival – which included an exhibition due to be held at the Paddington Town Hall this May – is heading ONLINE this year and will include an exciting free program of talks, panel discussions, workshops and webinars. Learn from leading… Eastern Suburbs Area
All Randwick Council beaches, including Clovelly, Coogee and Maroubra, will be made available for exercise purposes from Tuesday 28 April 2020, Randwick Mayor Danny Said announced today. The time restrictions imposed over the Anzac Day weekend have been… Eastern Suburbs Area
Adapting to recent developments amid the Corona Virus Crisis, Sydney Yoga Collective (SYC) is live-streaming all 32 yoga classes in real time as if you were in the studio, along with free kids classes. Streamed from their Bondi Junction-based studio,… Eastern Suburbs Area
Self-isolation boring? Join our new COVID19 Friendly interactive online classes via Skype or Zoom. These 1.5 hour small group (3 persons max) classes introduce you to the art of Pendulum Divining. Practical and fun focused, you will leave knowing how to… Eastern Suburbs Area
Life Explored at St Mark’s Church If you are interested in discovering and sharing lasting happiness, why not book into the popular Life Explored course, which is being hosted on Zoom by St Mark’s Anglican Church Darling Point. The course runs on… Eastern Suburbs Area
Register now for ‘Am I just my brain?’ free event on Zoom St Mark's Anglican Church Darling Point is hosting this free event via Zoom on Thursday 26 November 2020 on Zoom starting at 7:30pm. We encourage you to join us for this night which promises to be… Eastern Suburbs Area