The sun plays a major role in prematurely aging our skin. Other things that we also can age our skin more quickly than it naturally would.
Here are the following tips for you to prevent premature skin aging:
1. Protect your skin from the sun every day. You can protect your skin by seeking shade, covering up with clothing, and using sunscreen that is broad-spectrum, SPF 30 or higher, and water-resistant.
2. Apply self-tanner rather than get a tan. Every time you get a tan, you prematurely age your skin.
3. If you smoke, STOP. Smoking greatly speeds up how quickly skin ages. It causes wrinkles and a dull, shallow complexion.
4. Avoid repetitive facial expressions. When you make a facial expression, you contract the underlying muscles. If you repeatedly contract the same muscles for many years, these lines become permanent.
5. Eat a healthy, well-balanced nutritious diet. A diet containing lots of sugar or other refined carbohydrates can accelerate aging so eat more fresh fruit and veggies along with your whole food meals.
6. Drink less alcohol. Alcohol is rough on the skin. It dehydrates the skin, and in time damages the skin. This can make us look older.
7. Apply a facial moisturiser every day. Moisturiser traps water in our skin, giving a more youthful appearance.
For more wellness advice please contact Brigitta on 0450 282 452.
- 6 Hits
- Since 13-05-20
- Posted by Brigitta Plosz
- Eastern Suburbs Area
Fact 1: Plant Estrogens Are Not the Same as Natural Estrogen Many myths and misconceptions concerning soy foods stem from the fact that soy contains natural plant compounds called isoflavones. Isoflavones are “phytoestrogens,” which are also known as… Eastern Suburbs Area
Heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s, acne…these are just some of the possible consequences due to too much inflammation in the body. The following is a list of Ten of the top Inflammation causing culprits to avoid and cut back on: 1.Dairy– Conventional… Eastern Suburbs Area
Sydney-based yoga company The Sydney Yoga Collective (SYC) is on a mission to empower women by redefining what it means to be an everyday yogi. Sydney, March 2020: Upon hearing the word ‘yogi’, many of us will conjure up images of someone young, lean and… Eastern Suburbs Area
This is me with my mum she has survived Hitler open heart surgery 2 replacement knees and 2 replacement hips. A few weeks ago she fell fractured her hip 2 ribs and her spine. Last week she was diagnosed with Covid 19 and spent a week in intensive care. … Eastern Suburbs Area
Active ageing is about staying engaged and feeling worthwhile. It adds years to people's lives and quality to those years. Gone is the idea of retirement from life and doing nothing but "taking it easy". Instead people are encouraged to stay active,… Eastern Suburbs Area