We live in a pretty stressful world today, that makes it more challenging to maintain a healthy, loving relationship. While no relationship is perfect and couples can expect to have their fair share of conflicts, however it's how you resolve conflicts that matters. If issues are not resolved properly, they become insurmountable and resentment can build up over time.
Statistics show that 60% of marriages end in divorce and the average couple might be unhappy for over 6 years before seeking counselling. By this stage, one partner may have emotionally left the relationship, core problems become harder to identify and get them fixed. Seeking professional help earlier might have save the relationship and rebuild intimacy.
Here are some warning signs signalling your relationship is in trouble:
- Arguing over the same issues again and again but they do not get resolved
- You are not able to talk to each other freely and respectfully about anything in your relationship
- You are unable to reach out to your partner for emotional support
- Living separate lives, you are becoming like roommates than a couple
- Contemplating or are having an affair
- Relying on drugs & alcohol to relieve stress / numb your feelings
- When you or your partner can no longer depend on one another
- You were angry and frustrated in the past, but now "it's too hard, I don't care anymore... I give up!"
- You try to control your partner because you can't trust your partner anymore
- You feel judged, shamed, disrespected, insecure or constantly walking on eggshells
If you recognise 2 or 3 of these symptoms present in your relationship, then it is time to seek couple counselling.
For further information, please contact:
Psychotherapist, Counsellor and Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
Yarranabbe Rd, Darling Point
- 32 Hits
- Since 12-08-19
- Posted by Isabelle Truong
- Eastern Suburbs Area
- Key Words: Relationship, Counselling, Couple, therapy
IT SEEMS LIKE YOUR GARDEN IS SLEEPING IN WINTER. BUT SPRING IS COMING AND YOU SHOULD START WORKING NOW TO MAKE YOUR GARDEN READY FOR THE WARMER SEASONS. EVERYTHING YOU DO NOW WILL MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE COME SPRING. THE MAINTENANCE TEAM HERE AT GROWING… Eastern Suburbs Area
No-bake, gluten free and paleo brownies with a dairy free chocolate ganache. Perfect for a simple, healthy treat without added sugars. No dates! Ingredients: 1 cup macadamia nut butter 2 cups almond meal 1/2 cup raw cacao power 2 tbsp coconut flour 6… Eastern Suburbs Area
Endurance Treadmills From Sydney Australia has just launched a new appartment friendly Treadmill model that is perfect for small appartments or where space is at a premium. This treadmill comes with a large size running belt 50cm wide x 130cm Long but… Eastern Suburbs Area
Alcohol is the intoxicating ingredient that is present in wine, beer, and spirits. It is a depressant, which means that when it reaches the brain, it slows down the body's systems. It can also be difficult for the body to process, putting extra pressure… Eastern Suburbs Area
I am going through sinus infection so I have decided to share useful information about how to get rid of it in a natural way without taking antibiotics. Do sinus infections usually go away on their own? Sinusitis symptoms typically last no longer than… Eastern Suburbs Area
Why do we buy classic cars? To show ourselves off? To show the car off? To show others what we can buy with our income? To show others our taste in cars? To show our preferences in cars? Or is it just that classic cars gives the owner great satisfaction… Eastern Suburbs Area