Wayside Chapel’s Community Services Centre’s (CSC) – one in Kings Cross and one in Bondi – have been providing community services to members of the eastern suburbs since 1964. CSC staff and volunteers work together, seven days a week, to provide those of our community who are sleeping rough with a safe space and amenities such as showers and emergency clothing, as well as information and referral services within the Inner City.
- Referrals for short and long-term crisis accommodation and housing
- Weekly onsite legal, health, and counselling clinics in collaboration with Homeless Persons’ Legal Service, Centrelink and St Vincent’s Homeless Health
- Referral services to health and welfare agencies
- Advocacy and care-coordination
Meeting spaces for self-help and community groups like SMART Recovery program for people experiencing addiction
At Wayside, we see everyone as a person to be met, not a problem to be solved.
We work through meeting people rather than working on them – we never greet anyone at the door with a clipboard or a form with boxes to tick. The issues facing visitors to Wayside are varied and complex, including domestic violence, mental health, homelessness, social isolation, grief & loss, probation & parole.
95 Roscoe St, Bondi Beach NSW 2026
- 24 Hits
- Since 03-10-19
- Posted by Graham Anson
- Bondi Area*
- Key Words: Wayside Chapel, Community Support, Recovery Programs, Emergency Clothing, Showers, Individual Help
- Entry Type: Community Group