The sun plays a major role in prematurely aging our skin. Other things that we also can age our skin more quickly than it naturally would.
Here are the following tips for you to prevent premature skin aging:
1. Protect your skin from the sun every day. You can protect your skin by seeking shade, covering up with clothing, and using sunscreen that is broad-spectrum, SPF 30 or higher, and water-resistant.
2. Apply self-tanner rather than get a tan. Every time you get a tan, you prematurely age your skin.
3. If you smoke, STOP. Smoking greatly speeds up how quickly skin ages. It causes wrinkles and a dull, shallow complexion.
4. Avoid repetitive facial expressions. When you make a facial expression, you contract the underlying muscles. If you repeatedly contract the same muscles for many years, these lines become permanent.
5. Eat a healthy, well-balanced nutritious diet. A diet containing lots of sugar or other refined carbohydrates can accelerate aging so eat more fresh fruit and veggies along with your whole food meals.
6. Drink less alcohol. Alcohol is rough on the skin. It dehydrates the skin, and in time damages the skin. This can make us look older.
7. Apply a facial moisturiser every day. Moisturiser traps water in our skin, giving a more youthful appearance.
For more wellness advice please contact Brigitta on 0450 282 452.
- 6 Hits
- Since 13-05-20
- Posted by Brigitta Plosz
- Eastern Suburbs Area
Life Explored at St Mark’s Church If you are interested in discovering and sharing lasting happiness, why not book into the popular Life Explored course, which is being hosted on Zoom by St Mark’s Anglican Church Darling Point. The course runs on… Eastern Suburbs Area
Waverley Council is encouraging anyone considering visiting our public places this weekend to observe the current Public Health Orders in place which limit outdoor gatherings to 20 people. Matt du Plessis, Manager, Lifeguard Services and Beach Safety,… Eastern Suburbs Area
Adapting to recent developments amid the Corona Virus Crisis, Sydney Yoga Collective (SYC) is live-streaming all 32 yoga classes in real time as if you were in the studio, along with free kids classes. Streamed from their Bondi Junction-based studio,… Eastern Suburbs Area
Randwick City Council closed all beaches, including Clovelly, Coogee and Maroubra, at 1pm this afternoon after people failed to use beaches for exercise only. Coogee, Clovelly and Maroubra beaches will be re-opened on Saturday 25 April and Sunday 26… Eastern Suburbs Area
Maroubra Beach will become Insta-famous this July thanks to a temporary art installation that includes a 3D perspective mural and augmented reality Instagram filter that will bring it to life. The installation will run for two weeks from Sat, July 11,… Eastern Suburbs Area
As we work together to stop the spread of the COVID-19 outbreaks occurring across Sydney, Waverley Council is reminding the community to maintain social distancing and limit outdoor gatherings to no more than 20 people in public places including our… Eastern Suburbs Area
Please join us for Easter services online at St Mark's Anglican Church Darling Point. Visit stmarksdp.org for more details. We encourage you to check this site regularly for updates to our plans and to access various online resources which we trust will… Eastern Suburbs Area
To support the diverse and dynamic character of Bondi Beach, Waverley Council is inviting artists to submit their unique designs for the historic Bondi Beach Sea Wall. Each successful applicant will have their artwork displayed on a panel on the sea wall… Eastern Suburbs Area
For 21 years, Google’s mission has been to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Helping people get the right information to stay healthy is more important than ever in the face of a global pandemic like COVID-19.… Eastern Suburbs Area
Thursday 16 April 2020 INCREASED COVID-19 TESTING IN KEY SOUTH EASTERN SYDNEY SITES NSW Health has recommended increased COVID-19 testing for residents of Randwick, Waverley and Woollahra municipalities, along with several other Sydney sites. Anyone… Eastern Suburbs Area